- I.move - Move to learn
- The city of Florence
- Internship in Italy
- Workshops and Seminars
- Project service
» Inclusive Practice in Italy
Inclusive Practice in Italy
Integration of children with special needs in the school system.
Premises – methods – experiences – continuing development.
- School teachers/ teachers dealing with adults learning
- Directors of schools/institutes for adults learning
- Representatives of professional associations
- Local and regional directors working at the public administration offices and political authorities
- Understand the Italian school system which includes children with special needs at all levels.
- See examples for the state of the art practices in this field.
- Compare your own experience in the field of handicap/special needs and develop a new perspective under an enlarged, European vision.
- Discover the potential of the Italian model, through European perspective, and the further developments.
- Learn about specific methodological approaches to an inclusive practice.
- Appreciate the role that the body plays, both inside and outside, in the learning process. Develop original ideas on how to improve your own field of practice; for example: teacher training, cooperation between school and families, qualifying volunteer work…
Program/ Learning organization
The participants will have the chance to share their experience and knowledge of the theme of school integration of people with special needs and to develop a new point of view at a European level.
The central point of this seminar is the Italian model for school integration of children with special needs through significant examples in the cities of Florence and Prato and a direct discussion with the people and decision-makers involved.
In a special workshop unit we put methodical applications into practise: How can people get in touch in an unusual way and how can they use and enlarge their sensory awareness: non verbal works, dance – danzability, role of body and physical power in every-day life at school.
April 18 – 24, 2011
October 24 – 28, 2011
Maximum number of participants
Maria Hampel, trainer and consultant, coach; Caterina Guadagna, counsellor, orientation office persons with special needs, Prato
Language/s of the training
Type of certificate awarded
Certificate of participation
Lodging: we can give you indications about accommodation of various types and categories, all in the centre of Florence – please call us for further information
Enrolment and payment
You must hand in an application and course fee at least one month before intended start date.
See terms and conditions.